How Do You Choose the Right Eye Surgeon for a Refractive Lens Exchange?
Undergoing Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) is a significant decision that can lead to improved vision and a better quality of life. Choosing the right surgeon is of utmost importance to ensure a successful RLE and a positive surgical experience. Here are the top five things to consider when selecting the right eye surgeon!
- Expertise and Credentials: Begin by researching the qualifications and credentials of potential RLE surgeons. Look for board-certified specialists with extensive experience in performing refractive surgeries, particularly RLE procedures. For example, Dr. Alison R. Tendler, founder and surgeon at ART Vision, attended medical school at the University of South Dakota, where she graduated with honors in medical physiology. She then furthered her knowledge with a three-year ophthalmology residency at the University of Minnesota, followed by a rigorous corneal and anterior fellowship with Dr. Michael Belin of the Cornea Consultants of Albany at Albany Medical College in New York. For 13 years, Dr. Tendler was a partner at Vance Thompson Vision before pursuing her artistic vision of helping people see the world better and see themselves better.
- Personalized Consultation and Evaluation: A reputable RLE surgeon should offer personalized consultations and a thorough evaluation before recommending any type of eye surgery, including RLE! During this process at ART Vision, Dr. Tendler will examine your eye health, determine your suitability for the procedure, and discuss realistic expectations.
- Technology and Facilities: It is also important to look into the technology and equipment used by the surgeon for the RLE. Advanced technology can enhance the precision and safety of the RLE, which is crucial for your safety and positive results post-surgery! A state-of-the-art surgical center showcases the surgeon's commitment to delivering the best possible care. Learn more about ART Vision's facility here.
- Patient Testimonials: Reading patient testimonials and asking people in your community about the surgeon they recommend can provide valuable insights! When coming from a trusted source, you can better understand the surgeon's reputation and patient satisfaction. Dr. Tendler strives to put her patients first at ART Vision, resulting in positive reviews. Check out the reviews for yourself: view reviews!
- Clear Communication and Patient Education: Effective communication establishes trust and can ensure a smooth RLE journey. A reputable RLE surgeon will be attentive to your questions, thoroughly explain the RLE procedure, and address any concerns you may have! They should provide comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative instructions, empowering you to make informed decisions about your eye health. Our team at ART Vision strives to accomplish these two things for every patient.
If you are interested in a Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) at ART Vision or other vision correction surgeries, contact us at 605.306.2020 today.