COVID-19 Updates and Precautions:
Despite the uncertainties surrounding the current COVID-19 pandemic, one thing that remains constant is the commitment of our team at ART Vision to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. At this time, we are currently open and taking appointments. We are continuously re-evaluating the safest options on the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control as well as the South Dakota Department of Health. Our team is proud to offer virtual visits, online purchasing, and curbside pickup to continue to serve you while keeping safety as the highest priority. Please continue to follow our Facebook and Instagram pages, as well as our website, for updates.
As always, we continue to remind our patients and visitors of ways to avoid spreading disease, such as increased hand washing and frequent cleaning practices. As a response to this outbreak, we at ART Vision are taking actionable steps, including increasing the frequency of our already strict cleaning schedule, more frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces, re-emphasizing the importance of hand hygiene, and personal protective equipment worn by providers. In order to protect our patients, visitors, and staff, we are also committed to obtaining a temperature from each person who enters our facility and requesting that patients do not bring visitors. If patients must bring visitors, we ask that they limit the number of visitors to one per patient. Our phone team and reception staff will also be asking patients about travel in the last 14 days, as well as ensuring no symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, or loss of taste or smell are present prior to entering our clinic. In the interest of safety, we maintain these same expectations from our staff.
What you can do:
- Please stay home if you feel ill or have symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, or loss of taste or smell or have been in direct contact with anyone who has these symptoms.
- If you have any of these symptoms, please reschedule your appointment and check with your primary care provider.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Consider “social distancing,” which means avoiding close contact with others. In particular, be aware of those who would be most impacted if they were to get sick.
- For more information, please visit the following websites:
- Centers for Disease Control ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html )
- South Dakota Department of Health (https://doh.sd.gov/news/Coronavirus.aspx)
Check back frequently, as we will continue to update this page as changes occur.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe. ART Vision appreciates your continued support of our practice. If you have any questions or concerns or would like to place an order for curbside pickup, please feel free to contact us at 605-306-2020.
Dr. Alison R. Tendler and the ART Vision Team